Dubai is present time hottest holiday destination, and has many number of things that can amaze and entertain you. Each year thousands of visitors come to this city to enjoy the lavish lifestyle and mind-blowing fun zone of Dubai. It is a cultured city of Middle East and just in the mid of three continents known as Africa, Asia and Europe. Dubai based Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest construction and recently had shattered a number of records.
Here we would like to present to you the top 10 amazing facts about Burj khalifa that may very well surprise you:
1.) The construction of Burj Khalifa is 828 meter tall, which is approx 2,716.5 feet, soaring over Dubai. This height brings it to 3 times taller then the Eiffel Tower in France and twice the size of the Empire State Building.
2.) Burj Khalifa also know as Burj Dubai is not only known as the world’s tallest building, but holds six other world records. These popular six records of Burj Khalifa are:
- It has the highest number of stories of any building.
- Highest occupied floor
- Tallest freestanding structure
- Elevator with longest distance in the world
- Known as the highest outdoor observation deck
- Also known as the tallest elevator.
3.) The weight of the material is just equal to 100,000 elephants and the weight of the aluminum used for building Burj Dubai is just equivalent to the weight of five A380 aircraft.
4.) It has been noticed that every year more than 15 million gallons of water are accumulated sustainably.
5.) The observation deck is at present on the 124th floor of Burj Khalifa and with its longest single elevator, it just takes 10 second to cross 10 meters and this makes it the fastest in the world.
6.) You can see the tip of this tallest sphere up to 95 Kilometers away from the Burj Dubai.
7.) When you go on the peak of the construction you will see that more than 12000 workers are working on a daily basis.
8.) If we measure it properly, than you will find that the quantity of concrete is more than 110,000 tons and 22 million man-hours with 55,000 tons of steel rebar used to complete this construction.
9.) Excavation firstly began in the month of January 2004 and after six years this great Burj Khalifa was finally opened for the general public.
10.) The well constructed Burj Khalifa resembles to the Hymenocallis flower, which is the central core emerges at the pinnacle and terminate in a sculpted spire.
“Now I hope you have been Wowed by all those amazing facts but now here a four things that you must know before visiting this amazing tower”:
• Book your ticket in advance through online mode just by paying AED 100 per person or if you need immediate booking then you need to submit AED 400 Per person and this can be also booked via online mode.
• The observation deck of the Burj Khalifa tour opens from 10 am to 10 pm for three days each week and you can get the ticket before 45 minutes of the closing time, but if you want to go in between Thursday to Saturday you can enter between 10 am to midnight.
• To enter for the observation deck you need to be alert near to the food court of the Dubai Mall itself.
• You have to drop your bag off near the entrance point so in returning you must not forget to collect it.
Ashira crown a professional content writer and she writes this article for Burj Khalifa tour in Dubai.
Here is a map of Burj Khalifa: